Commercial Flooring Case Study
As part of a modernisation scheme by Norfolk Library Service, a brand new building was erected adjacent to Wymondham Town FC. The award-winning design of the building includes large areas of glass and timber to give a very open and welcoming appearance. Inside there is a large open space to house the large selection of books, along with office space and staff facilities.
- Address: The Library, Back Lane, Wymondham, NR18 0QP
- Type of Contract: JCT Standard Contract
- Client: Morgan Ashurst, Ground Floor, 69-75 Thorpe Road, Norwich, NR1 1AU
- Project Manager: Mr David Brinded
- Reform Flooring were awarded the contract to supply and install new flooring to the building, due to their ability to work in with other trades and service a short programme, along with providing a quality installation.
- Products that were employd included 420m2 of Heuga 580 Olympic Carpet Tiles, 60m2 of Gerflor Tarasafe Iona Safety floor with Self-covered Skirting, 11m2 of Forbo Coral Classic Entrance Matting and 7m2 of Gradus Rubber Access Entrance Matting install to a circular Entrance Lobby.
- As a Gypsum Screed had been used on this project, sub-floor preparation consisted of an application of Laybond Universal Primer and Laybond 110 Smoothing Compound to the Vinyl Areas.
- The total value of the flooring contract was £14k